Ultimate Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free form/Stats

2 posters

Go down

Vote

Free form/Stats I_vote_lcap82%Free form/Stats I_vote_rcap 82% 
[ 9 ]
Free form/Stats I_vote_lcap18%Free form/Stats I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Free form/Stats Empty Free form/Stats

Post by Buruma Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Are you tired of being confused? Do you care more about the story than the stats?

I'm going to do a poll and maybe it'll give me some insights.

No stats means no updating. The only thing we'd update as staff members would be when people join or if we were making Sagas.
Buruma
Buruma
Admin

Character Information
Character Name: Bulla
Character Location: Earth
Alliances: Z

https://ultimatepride.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Free form/Stats Empty Re: Free form/Stats

Post by Taku Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:58 pm

I vote for stats and moves because anyone can pop up outta no where doing wickedly powerful stuff in an instant without any type of proof of how they learned the attack or perfected it for that matter. There you have your story-line and everything else included.

Free-form at my guess is basically what we all call Noobish is a way. Sure it maybe a good story-line but it may make no sense.

All in all, aren't we trying to be different from the show?
Taku
Taku

Character Information
Character Name: Taku
Alliances: With Xable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Well, I have to vote for stats, or power level at least, or there would be no reason for anybody to put any effort into this. This is what makes a DBZ site different from other sites, there is combat and conflict in the show that we seek to emulate and for all there is a quest to be the best. The quest to grow stronger through hard work and battle is key to DBZ and must remain a core of DBZ based sites.

PS: If you want a guy who's good with rules to help tighten anything up shoot me a PM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buruma Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:01 am

This is true.. the only reason it's coming up is because we're getting members who want to join but are overwhelmed by the whole stat thing. Some members won't even log into Wiki. @_@
Buruma
Buruma
Admin

Character Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:06 am

What? These are very easy rules, if a bit disjointed because they come from another site. Once they get cleaned up, things should smooth out considerably.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:10 am

I think roleplaying your stats is the best way to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:32 am

Yeah, I do to, but pure RP without stats would be too much God Mode for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:35 am

Well for those who do not like the stats, perhaps there should be something telling them that they can just play in the rp forum and can frankly ignore the stats system. it allows those that love rp to rp and those who like the kind of stats and such to grind on to be the best etc, though it might be best to wait until the system has been cleaned up and has everything in place

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:50 am

I have no issue with Personal RP's being done with no stats, same with spars as long as it's kept real and both sides agree. But for Sagas, Battles, and most spars I prefer to have the stats used as a basis for RP'ing and let the judges have the last word.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:57 am

I would have to choose stats. Perhaps even do away with the scale for personal RP's and give stats according to how the RP has earned them. If someone created a whole RP just on shopping, that wouldn't really make you stronger >.>. But that's mostly up to the graders I would say!

And really, the stat system isn't too hard to grasp. Maybe for someone just starting out, but it's really like anything else. Spend some time around it/doing it and you'll catch it in no time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:36 am

Speaking from a view that can make sense of both sides of the argument, stats hold a good place in a RPG to scale how people have worked, and espically in combat situations, stats should hold a very strong standing point.

On the reverse of that coin, stats can also cause rifts, if people join, and the strongest person on the site has done pretty much every quest possible for them on planet A, the new person is going to be intimidated. Free form is usefull for personal RP's, where stats hold no true baring on what happens.

Ultimately, its down to each person to preseve how to write. If they want stats, let them have stats. If they don't, they have no need to use them, don't let them. Simple? Doubtful. But its the best type of work around you can get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 am

I hope people don't feel the need to play their stats too badly. I'll RP if they don't, but I just prefer to at least use PL's and speed for fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:53 am

Likewise, but I also like to sometimes disregard stats in a fight. Its why I'm not a fan of the BS. lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'll use stats for the final conclusion, but the standard trading of blows I'll base on strength and PL. How well you dodge, speed and PL. etc.

But, thats just me. Alot of people can see it at different ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:02 am

I can do either, stats are an end goal to work for. Like right now I might be strongest, but that gives people behind me a goal. When they get in the way of a fun fight I'll set them aside, say I'm playing around maybe. It's easy to change things up as needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buruma Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:24 am

Well I think the majority of the site agrees that stats should stay no matter what. How people use them in battle is really up to the two fighting and the ref. Remember we do want battles to be slightly rare because we want them to be epic like they were in the show. And you can't just be like..

OMFG YOU'RE ON MY PIECE OF GRASS LET'S FIGHT BITCH IT'S ON!

It's has to be more developed. We all love a good story otherwise we wouldn't RP here. I have wonderful staff and wonderful veteran members who can hopefully help me handle people's questions as they learn the system more. I want to convert people from being basic to enjoying the depths of a true writer.

It hurts my soul when people look at our site and go OOOO PRETTY COLORS and then they look at what's expected of them and AFK the fuck out. XD

WE have master plans soon. SOON. BUWHAHAHA.

Popo is also thinking of opening a T1 school for new people that might want to improve on their writing. However we're not really getting enough players to meet that demand yet.

So if anyone has any advertising ideas let me know. I don't want to pay for a .net site again unless we get the fan base that's loyal and consistent. Krillin and I have been AD BOTS! XD If you want to go to some other sites and advertise us remember there is a ad under the ad and affly forum that you can use. However be sure to follow whatever advertising rules they have and keep it out of their chatrooms or they'll get pissed.

Either way, I love all of the members we do have. I may not have 39483094830943 members.. but i've got some of the best roleplayers i've seen in years and great friends. Soooo it's fun either way.
Buruma
Buruma
Admin

Character Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:14 am

I've seen heavy stats sites just fail about 99% of the time. But I do feel that we still need stats as a Guide line for people to RP within. Have that 20 HP system is something I haven't seen before, and not not going to dis count it because I think it is a good Idea. I dont like having rules about how often you can dodge based on speed ect... I just want to be able to Rp how I fight and if I can creatively and reasonably defend myself against an attack. But with a grader watching over and MSGing me after my post, My HP and current fatigue, then that also gives me the ability to RP how tired and hurt my guy actually is. But I would only say that for Battles and Sagas fights. Anything else just let them go at it :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down